Friday, January 8, 2010

Confusion

I've had the call to say that the CAT scan of PuffyFingers TMJ (jaw joint to the uninitiated) is unchanged from the last scan and the surgeon is not recommending further surgery at this point. Hurray! I thought and after polite goodbyes put the phone down.

Then I phoned the OT and my Mum and told them.

Then I thought.

But, but, but, the last CAT scan was requested by rheumatology as they were concerned about the jaw. It was the results of the last CAT scan that led us to the oral and maxillofacial surgeon in the first place. So if this new CAT shows no change that means the jaw is just as bad as it was before the joint infection? I don't understand.

I've left a message with the clinic asking them to call me back as I am confused.

Must get out old lecture notes on CT scanning to see if that will help. I suspect 20 year old medical physics notes and text books are somewhat out of date though.

No comments: