Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Holiday

The girls and I are staying here: http://www.seabrookwa.com/ It's jolly pleasant. If it were wet then it would be a bit more awkward, but walks to the beach and the park are a pleasure in the weather we've got at the moment. Yesterday morning I was even concerned about too much sun on pasty white faces.

The house we're staying in "The Perry" is very small and cute. It has a wendy house quality that leads to pleasure in playing in 5 year old style while actually cooking and cleaning. It has one drawback - a spoon shortage. How can you furnish a house without teaspoons or small wooden spoons? Perhaps the owners never cook in saucepans or make tea?

The spoon shortage is all very Eddie Russett. If you don't know who Eddie Russett is you need to read Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde. If you work out where Rusty Hill is please let me know as it's driving me bananas and I only have another 13 days to get in my answers for the quiz.

It's 10am in the morning. Just thinking about getting dressed. I love holidays.

No comments: