Wednesday, July 14, 2010

14th July and all is well

I'm pleased to report that all is well on the JIA front. PuffyFingers seems remarkably unpuffy and is flourishing. This Enbrel stuff is the business. We have a check up tomorrow, everything crossed that my parental opinion is not utterly wrong (as has happened in the past).

LMI has turned 5 and is even more entertaining than usual. She still likes being called Daisy. But seriously, Daisy Moss? It sounds like the latest garden centre hybrid. At least it's not Pete.

I am fine and so is the other half. He's recovering from a week on call. Apparently being on call when you're in your twenties is very different to being on call when you're nearly 40. Over the week he rarely got home before 11pm and was called out on different days at 3:30am, 4:20am, and 2am. The 2am call came the day after the 3:20am one, so he'd got about 3 and half hours sleep one night to be followed by 2 hours the next night. It was just like having a newborn in the house again.

1 comment:

annik said...

Boy, you're doing a good job of keeping up this blog, Puffy. July 14th? Bastille Day, my Brit? C'mon; you can do better than that. Even I do better than that (okay, well I get paid nicely to do so, but still)...

I'd read/comment...if you read AND comment. Since the column left, I lost most of my readers... I need them back! Spread the word!

http://bit.ly/crabbyofficelady